Exams are lurking just around the corner for many of our students. Teachers and students are working hard to ensure that our group of high achieving students will reach their goal.
We have complied a list of exam tips that may be useful for those who are approaching exams in the next few weeks.
- Give yourself enough time to study – Last minute cramming is less effective than information that is ingrained in the mind through studying in advance
- Practice on old exam papers – Previous exam papers are a useful insight into what your actual exam will be like and are also useful to identify areas that need improvement.
- Productivity – Make every minute of study time count. Avoid procrastination.This is when you do everything else but the task you need to do! You can reward yourself afterward if you are productive during your designated study time.
- Take regular study breaks – Allow yourself to take a break from study sessions. Your concentration levels will wane as your brain becomes tired.
- Eat well – Eat food that is known to assist with brainpower and try not to be tempted by junk food.
- Hydrate – It’s a well-known fact that dehydration has a negative effect on the brains’ performance, so make sure to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Work Space – Organise your work space so that it’s tidy and comfortable. It is much more enticing to study in an environment that is suited exactly to your personal study needs. For example, make sure that you have a suitable chair, table and adequate lighting.
- Sleep – Make sure that you get adequate sleep. You cannot study or perform well in an exam if you are sleep deprived.
The Day of the Exam
1. On the morning of the exam, allow yourself sufficient time to arrive at the exam centre. You do not want the added pressure of rushing on the morning of an exam.
2. Make sure that you have read all the exam guidelines in advance and that you have all the necessary requirements to enter the exam room, for example, your photo identification and any other necessary documentation.
3. Try to forget about everything else that is going on in your life for a few hours and channel all your concentration solely on the exam. Go in with a clear mind and a positive attitude. YES YOU CAN!
All the team here at ACET want to take this opportunity to wish all our students the very best of luck in their upcoming exams. We know that you will all do great!!